How cool would it be to have your own airplane? Just imagine it: you could fly whenever you want, wherever you want, and be in control of it on a level that few people get to experience in their lives. While I’m dreaming about it, I’ll lay out the top 5 gifts that would make me the happiest gal in the skies.
1. My own plane, first of all. I’ll take a used one, too, thank you very much. Lycoming engines are manufactured in Pennsylvania so the next time I’m around that state, I’ll swing by and grab one. They’ve been around since the 1930s so I think they’re a safe bet.
2. My own aircraft hangar that contains a hot tub for when I’m waiting on the handsome pilot. They always look so cold in movies, when the bad guys are about to take off and the good guys show up and have to hide in the hangar. A hot tub, preferably a really big one that has a built in bar, is a necessity here.
3. A handsome pilot, preferably the relative of someone famous. He’d be named something rugged like Dirk.
4. Rolling luggage by Louis Vuitton. With my own plane I’d expect the luggage to take less of a beating but accidents happen, so I’d rather be prepared with something that can get rained on, fall over into a mud puddle, yet still look amazing.
5. Gucci sunglasses to wear as I exit the plane, which makes me look like a celebrity and hide the dark circles. As a flight attendant, the idea of sleeping on a plane is just so foreign that I’m not sure I could do it even off the job.
So where would I go, while I’m dreaming?
Copenhagen is gorgeous and clean, and with more people using bikes than cars to get around the city, it’s a place that would encourage me to be more active. Have you ever had a Danish coffee? It will cost you three times as much as a latte in the States but it’s three times as good. And the crepes!
Ever been to Crete? The food is amazing. Restaurant owners walk out to grab some fresh herbs and toss them on your food and I can’t begin to describe how fantastic the feta is. Coastal Crete is great for swimming so that’s high on my list.
As much as I’d like to list New York, the idea of flying a tiny plane into that giant city scares me to death. Still, my handsome pilot could surely handle it right? He could double as my shopping assistant and carry all the bags, too.
If you could dream up a travel gift like this, what would you choose and where would you go?